District-Wide Grants are funded by the Foundation to support the district’s goals: - Closing the achievement gap between the highest- and the lowest-performing students. - Preparing all students to be college and career ready. Since 1994 the Foundation has funded programs that have contributed to the excellence of the Cherry Creek School District and enriched the learning experience of our students. Programs funded include AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), Online Learning, the STAR Mentor Program, and Summer School Scholarships and Reading Together, a mentoring program that focused on struggling readers.
In the last year alone, the Foundation has funded the following district-wide initiatives:
- Funds to provide materials and instruction to our struggling readers at the elementary school level, especially within our special education community.
- Age-appropriate reading materials for our gifted and talented students.
- A near-space balloon launch that allowed students to take their STEM learning to the next level.
- Stipends to each of our high schools to continue their Unified Sports Teams. These initiatives give athletes with special needs the opportunity to play alongside our Varsity athletes.
- Professional development training for our educators.